Top 10 Golf Courses to Retire Near in Wales
If you're a keen golfer, looking to improve or learn and looking to live in Wales, you're in luck. There are so many great golf courses to choose from. Many have their own unique character and challenges. Here is my top 10 golf courses to live near in Wales:
- Royal Pawthcawl Golf Club: Located on the south coast of Wales. This club offers breathtaking views of the ocean and challenging links-style play. Make sure you aren't playing on a windy day here!
- Conwy Golf Club: This club boasts a stunning location in North Wales with views of Conwy Castle and Snowdonia Mountain Range. It offers a variety of challenges for golfers of all skill levels. A championship links course that hosted the 2021 Curtis Cup.
- Pennard Golf Club: Located 8 miles west of Swansea and known as the “links in the sky”. This club offers stunning views of Three Cliffs Bay and is one of the best links courses in Wales.
- Celtic Manor Resort: This award-winning resort is home to three championship courses. They have hosted many international golf events including the 2010 Ryder Cup.
- Tenby Golf Club: Located in Pembrokeshire with stunning views of the Welsh coastline. A links course with tricky bunkers and water hazards bringing a variety of challenges for every golfer.
- St. Pierre Country Club: Set in the Wye Valley, this club offers 400 acres of stunning countryside, a 14th century manor, two championship courses, and luxurious amenities.
- Machynys Peninsula Golf and Country Club: The first Nicklaus designed golf course in Wales. Located in Llanelli and offering stunning views of the Gower Peninsula and Carmarthen Bay.
- Nefyn & District Golf Club: This club is located on the northern coast of Wales. It offers panoramic views of the sea and the Snowdonia mountain range. It features two 18-hole courses that offer a variety of challenges for golfers of all skill levels.
- Vale Resort: This resort in the Vale of Glamorgan is a 650-acre private estate. It is home to two championship courses, both designed by former Ryder Cup players.
- Aberdovey Golf Club: Located on the coast of Mid-Wales,this club sits within the Snowdonia National Park and at the mouth of the Dovey Estuary.
Whether you're a seasoned pro or a beginner, these courses in Wales offer stunning views, quality golfing and a great community of golfers.